Vero Beach?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

slackercruster

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Someone mentioned Vero beach as a good beach dive spot. Any feedback on this local? Thanks.

I live up the road in Sebastian... years ago, people use to talk about beach diving there. Lately, I think the viz is real low or lower than it normally is - less than 5 ft vs 10-15 on good days.

Most dive shops here take people down to WPB to dive so that might say something. So for see things, probably not the best but if you want bugs....

allenwrench:
Someone mentioned Vero beach as a good beach dive spot. Any feedback on this local? Thanks.

Vero Beach diving SUCKS!

Vero is 3 hours from North Florida Caves and 2 hours from South Florida ocean diving.

I went off the beach just north of Vero Beach this past week (mini-season). I was about 250 yards out. It was far from a fun dive. Water on top was 80, with a big thermo to 68 degrees at 7 feet. On top we had about 10' viz, in the cold stuff we had about 9".

I think you're better off going down to Ft. Pierce or even further South than that.

allenwrench:

If the wind is coming out of the east... stay home... if the wind is coming out of the west... go diving...

Vero is very susceptible to the winds... Fun diving when it's good... Ft Pierce is a better than Vero.. .but, if you have a good day in Vero, take advantage of it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom