Very confused about conditions in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, I am going to Curacao, if it was just my boy and I then it would probably be Bonaire and my wife swears she would be OK however I don't want to get there and there be boredom

Logistically Curacao is easier to get in and out of
and the other thing is the sub
So I will never be able to dive to 1000 feet but cruising in one of those Jacque Cousteau subs looks very cool.

https://www.substation-curacao.com/about/

As always thanks for everyone's assistance, I always do a great deal of research and if it wasn't for Scubaboard I would be a very frustrated diver

So, living on Bonaire, I can tell you that you and your son will have a great time. The West (leeward) side generally is relatively calm. There are dozens of shore entries, many with rubble and iron shore. As with any island, the entries will vary and what is pure sand this week, may be slightly rocky the next. Hard soled boots are a must here. We generally swim/snorkel out 50-75 yards then drop down while others drop own as soon as they are in the water. It’s a personal preference and not a difficult swim.

Back
Top Bottom