Very UNhappy with Lavacore

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeremy_diver

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I bought a Lavacore long sleeve top at the beginning of december and for a 2 month old top, I have to say it look like $hit!! the 2 layers splitted on the neck within a few weeks and plush is coming off of the sides (I guess it does not like my BC that much).... also, all the cool lines (drawing looking things) have come off really quick too. We are 3 people at work using this product and all have the same problem.

We use them everyday (dive instructors) and neither one of us would recommend buying one.

Also, you guys should hire a new guy for sizing......

NEVER AGAIN!! REALLY DISAPPOINTING!!!

Jeremy

Aside from the cosmetic issues, how did the Lavacore function? Also, what was the problem with the sizing? Too much/little room for manboobs, beer bellies or toolage? I had heard that the sizing chart is not very accurate.

Well, since the sizing is weird (I usually wear XL but had to take a M) it fits snug around the belly but really is loose on the chest area... Also, goes really low. Arms can be a pain to put as the sleeves tend to get twisted (they are tight tho but L was too big) but it gets better once you flush water through it a couple of times. However, I am afraid it wont last too much longer...

But seriously, if you are looking into getting one I would HIGHLY recommend you to look at an alternative...

Thanks. I'll probably just stick with my regular tropical water wetsuit.

Jeremy - we've got plenty of positive feedback from people using Lavacore for far longer periods of time, in resort locations experiencing daily use. If you're up for it, and would like to give us a chance to replace them, we'd be happy to do so. PM to let me know where and when it was purchased - I'll arrange to get those suits back for evaluation and replacements if you choose to go that route.

Way to go Doug!

Just wondering if you contacted Lavacore via email before posting here and gave them a chance to address your issues?

How did it go?

Must agree the sizing seems a little off I have an XS but am a medium. Haven't had a chance to get it wet yet.

Hey Buddhasummer,

Yeah, I emailed them the same day I posted here. Only got a response here (which is OK, but one of the co-worker emailed them too like 2 weeks ago and has not heard yet...)

Doug told me that they would replace it and the store I got it from told me on Sunday that lavacore had contacted them.... The shop is out of M and are still waiting for a shipment to come in, so we'll see how it goes!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom