Victoria diving info needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bridgediver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hi all.
Looking for any info you may have on diving the Victoria area. We'd like to do a charter as well as some shore stuff and any recommended lodgings that are inexpensive?

I've found only 2 dive shops on the net - ogden point and great ocean adventures. There must be more! If anyone could pass along web sites or e-mail addys of other shops and charters in the Victoria area that would be great.

thanks much

mark

There are a couple of good shops here that can set you up, Frank White's and Ogden Point. I tend to use White's but both are good!

Good Luck!

mudsoda once bubbled...
There are a couple of good shops here that can set you up, Frank White's and Ogden Point. I tend to use White's but both are good!

Good Luck!

I've heard of Frank White's but can't find any info on the net. You wouldn't happen to have an e-mail address or a web site would you?

thanks

bridgediver once bubbled...
Hi all.
Looking for any info you may have on diving the Victoria area. We'd like to do a charter as well as some shore stuff and any recommended lodgings that are inexpensive?

I've found only 2 dive shops on the net - ogden point and great ocean adventures. There must be more! If anyone could pass along web sites or e-mail addys of other shops and charters in the Victoria area that would be great.

thanks much

mark
There is a book Called "Diver's Guide - Vancouver Island South, by Greg Dombowsky" that is very good. You can find it at Dive BC . also you can try ShoreDiving.com (but the book is better resource) If you have a chance to get to Edmonton before your trip, I could lend you the book.

Jeff

You can go see Aaron @ Ogden Point Dive Center.

They have lots of charters going out every weekend to places like
Race Rocks with the sea lions.
Or you could try the 2 great wreck dives:
The G.B. Church @ HMCS McKenzie. AWESOME!

Also, try some shore diving in Victoria.
Dives like Willis Point, Henderson Point, Ten Mile Point, or Deep Cove. They are all great!

Also, Ogden Point has daily shore dives for free.

Hope this helps you out.

t

Jeff - I think I'll pick that book up. I've heard of it before too and everyone seems to like it. Are you the same Jeff from mossman's site?

Toodles - Ogden point sure seems to have the highest opinon of the people. I think I'll give them a try

Back
Top Bottom