Victoria Vis conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Visibility was seriously nasty at Willis Point this morning. It was a promising 10' or so near the surface, but then 20' deep it got much worse. I looked back to see if I could see my fins and I could, but not much farther so I'd say visibility was 6-8'. It cleared up slightly below 40' deep, but down on the wall it was almost completely dark. My max depth was just over 120' deep at low tide and I'd say the best the visibility got was 15'.

Did a couple of great dives off Sooke today. At the East side of Secretary Island, visibility was 40' all the way down to my max depth of 125'. At Pike Point (near Iron Mine Bay) visibility wasn't quite so good near shore (maybe 20-30'), but farther out down the rocky slope it improved to 40'. Because of all the hazy wildfire smoke on the surface it was a bit dark underwater.

Visibility at the sites in the central island has been great lately. Madrona, Oak Leaf, Dolphin & Tyee all 50 feet plus over the past couple of weeks. Water is starting to cool down, so it should only get better !!

Divegoose

Visibilty has decereased a bit in the central island. We dove at Oak Point this morning, and visibility ranged from approximately 10 feet in the shallows to about 30 feet on the main wall. Hopefully the decreasing visibility is not a trend, but just a blip.

Divegoose

Visbility at all the sites in the central island (Nanoose Bay & Northwest Bay) has been really good. Dove at Tyee yesterday, and vis was a good 50 plus feet. Could clearly see the surface from 70 feet !!

Divegoose

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom