Victoria Vis conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChillyWaters:
Henderson: Down to about 55', VERY low viz, so take a flashlight.

I've heard of there being a wall at Henderson if you swim south? Anybody ever do that dive? How deep is the top of the wall? I've only dove Henderson a few times.

- ChillyWaters
The far side of the reefs goes down to well past one hundred feet. I've only been to 120 or so, but I think Hyperlimits has been to the bottom (I forget how deep it was). It's not really a wall, but a series of rocky slopes, small walls and ledges.

Vis was around 20 feet at Ogden Point this afternoon. It was almost incredibly bright underwater. I saw the largest lingcod I've ever seen (it was 6 feet long. I swam right next to it and measured it with my body.) and the painted greenlings were mating and laying eggs. The male (female?) greenlings were dark, almost black, but when I turned a light on them they looked normal again. When the light was off them, they looked black again. Very weird.

Willis point was good 20+ft below 50ft on tuesday evening.

Breakwater was 15+ last night

Dove Spring Bay yesterday and the vis was good.

On a site note: People seem to be opting to dive without their snorkels lately. I've found a couple already this year. That's one piece of equipment where I really don't need an extra. Why don't more people lose computers or something?

- ChillyWaters

ChillyWaters:
Dove Spring Bay yesterday and the vis was good.

On a site note: People seem to be opting to dive without their snorkels lately. I've found a couple already this year. That's one piece of equipment where I really don't need an extra. Why don't more people lose computers or something?

- ChillyWaters
A guy on the boat today found one. He said "Look what I found" I said "what is it?"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom