Victoria Vis conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I havn't, but I'm going tomarrow.

I have a snorkel. I leave it in my gear bag to collect all the sand.

SeanQ:
I havn't, but I'm going tomarrow.

I have a snorkel. I leave it in my gear bag to collect all the sand.

Have fun... I'm supposed to be going in the morning sometime (depending on how long I sleep in).

If you throw the snorkel in the ocean, I bet I'll find it. Hmmm... now what do I do with newly acquired snorkels?

Oh yeah, also found someone's slate pencil during the dive before last. And a frog bubble blower the dive before that. I'll find something cool one day.

- ChillyWaters

ChillyWaters:
Have fun... I'm supposed to be going in the morning sometime (depending on how long I sleep in).

If you throw the snorkel in the ocean, I bet I'll find it. Hmmm... now what do I do with newly acquired snorkels?

Oh yeah, also found someone's slate pencil during the dive before last. And a frog bubble blower the dive before that. I'll find something cool one day.

- ChillyWaters

You don't think that a frog bubble blower is cool?

naclydogg:
You don't think that a frog bubble blower is cool?

Okay, it's not so bad. It stands (jumps?) up when you blow through it...

frog.jpg

I'll try to put some pics up of today's dive today too, later... it's been a while since I've posted any.

- ChillyWaters

Here are some photos from today at Spring Bay. Again, excuse my cheap camera (no strobe, and no macro), and the lousy photographer.

http://www.cs.uvic.ca/~sshelfor/photos/diving-2006-07-03/

This was my second dive here this weekend, and about my 3rd dive here ever. There were no reefs in the direction we went out. After we hit 55' or so, we decided to stop going away from shore, and went sideways. We quickly found some reefs for some viewing pleasure.

Vis was good here again.

- ChillyWaters

I just finish doing 5 dives in Hawaii, the viz was around 80ft and the water temp. around 82 degree F. It was my first dive down south in more than 5 years, I can't believe how easy it is to dive in tropical water, most of the dive were in 60ft of water with a bottom time of 60 min or more using a 3mm suit and a single al 80. Anyway enough teasing, it is beautiful down here but I'm looking forward to doing some good cold water diving at my return to Victoria in August.

Cheers

Al

Hyper-limits:
I just finish doing 5 dives in Hawaii, the viz was around 80ft and the water temp. around 82 degree F. It was my first dive down south in more than 5 years, I can't believe how easy it is to dive in tropical water, most of the dive were in 60ft of water with a bottom time of 60 min or more using a 3mm suit and a single al 80. Anyway enough teasing, it is beautiful down here but I'm looking forward to doing some good cold water diving at my return to Victoria in August.

Cheers

Al
Aw shut the :censored: up!

Vis at Ogden point last night was incredible ( for summer) 60+ ft

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom