Video Cozumel April 2018 with Tres Pelicanos (3P’s)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Soloist

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Here is a short video compiled from our eight incredible days of diving with Tres Pelicanos. Twenty dives and more than twenty two hours underwater including a twilight and a night dive. If you want to skip the repeat offenders there is a sea hare at 2:21 and a very curious yellow-headed jawfish at the 3:12 mark. If you find unprovoked attacks entertaining I was very nearly b*tch slapped at 1:20 by an irritable hawksbill. Didn’t see the vast number eagle rays like we did in February, but even though it was late in the season @uncfnp was able to capture one. Many thanks to everyone at 3P’s.

Last edited:
LOL...My SO got a kick out of your SO pounding on you to get your attention. She usually grabs my fin and jerks my leg out of its socket. Lucky you...BTW, nice vid :)

Very nice & it looks like water clarity was on the great side of the scale.

Heading back in two weeks, your video make me want to leave tomorrow!

Very nice! Thanks for sharing. What is your video setup?

Thanks! We used GoPro cameras, BackScatter Flip6 filter systems and two handle trays with inexpensive lights. About 75% of the video was shot with a GoPro4 and the remainder with a GoPro-6. This was our first trip with the GoPro-6 and I was actually very disappointed with the camera (see link). Unfortunately my latest set of Evolva D02 video lights failed on this trip, so I now refer to this company as Ebola. The other pair of lights used were from Dive Gear Express. They are not very powerful, but were sufficient for the twilight and night dives. Visibility was amazing as @cicopo correctly pointed out. Cheers!

GoPro-6 Field Of View (FOV) Adjustment Issue

Last edited:
Demon spawners LMAO! It's a wonderful place soon to be home!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom