Video Editing Software - WINDOWS only

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nikole

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have a Surface Pro 4 tablet and would like to edit my gopro videos on software that is something user friendly, and isn't the gopro app itself or quik and is for windows. And is for Windows that I can download (or buy).Any recommendations?
I'm looking to crop/cut, rewind, speed up, short/long..etc....Add your own music, uploadable to youtube and Instagram..? Someone recommended me final cut so far. any others?

I use Adobe Premiere Elements, which is a lighter version of Premiere CC. It allows you to do everything you suggest plus color grading and various other effects. A standalone license is inexpensive and has no subscription fees. I purchased the bundle with Photoshop Elements, which allows me to tinker with photos as well. For my capabilities, I find them both to be more than sufficient. All the videos in my YouTube channel are edited in Premiere Elements if you want to have a look.

I have been using GoPro Studio which I know you said you didn't want to use. Have you looked into Windows Movie Maker? I have only used it once to make a short 5 second clip but I know many who do use it.

Having said that the consensus I have heard so far has been Adobe or Final Cut. I believe Premiere is $79.99 right now.

I had problems with earlier versions of Premiere Elements and switched to Sony's Vegas Movie Studio Platinum. Never looked back. For a piece of software less than $100 it is extremely capable (but does involve a learning curve).

+1 for Sony's VMSP - it's what I use even though I also own Adobe's Creatiive Suite and worked in Premiere in another life.

+2 for Sony's VMSP. There are several youtube tutorial videos for Sony's program.

Another vote for Sony. I thought it was easy to use and if you need to learn to do anything, just go to Youtube and you can find an example.

I don't think Vegas is a Sony product anymore. But that's a minor detail. Vegas is a good product. I've been trying Premiere but I keep coming back to Vegas.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom