Video Editing Software - WINDOWS only

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Download | Kdenlive

I use kdenlive in Linux, but it is freely (open source) available for Windows too.

Windows Movie Maker is simple and free too (but not open source).

Pick your goal first, then pick the tool.

You could try Corel Visual Studio. It's cheap. It takes some time on Youtube to know how to use it proficiently.

I started with GoPro Studio but found it slow and unstable. After asking around for something better and easy to use I chose Cyberlink Power Director and have been happy with my choice. It’s a popular program and there are lots of helpful YouTube videos on it. One time I did try Vegas but could not figure how to make it work.

DaVinci Resolve - very powerful bit of software that will do everything you want and more.

DaVinci Resolve - very powerful bit of software that will do everything you want and more.

If you have a computer with a suitable GPU.

I have been using Magix Movie Edit Pro for about 5 years to edit Gopro, Phone, Digital camera etc footage.

I find the adobe stuff is expensive and confusing and DaVinci Resolve looks good but is so slooooooow on non-high spec systems and interface is confusing to me.

Magix user interface is simple but there are powerful options buried in the menus if you want to go pro-sumer.
The Magix color correction algorithm works well with underwater footage and the stabilization engine is super handy and easy to use. I've used it on low spec machines and it does some cool caching that allows you to edit footage in a lower res until you publish it.

As an added bonus that have a free trial.
MAGIX Movie Edit Pro – Video editing software

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom