Video Editing Software - WINDOWS only

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you have a computer with a suitable GPU.
Admittedly the specs do look for quite a powerful machine but the main areas are GPU (which can be remedied for £200) and memory (for about the same). It is not very CPU intensive.

Admittedly the specs do look for quite a powerful machine but the main areas are GPU (which can be remedied for £200) and memory (for about the same). It is not very CPU intensive.

Exactly. So 200 pounds / 280 dollars for GPU and similar (probably a bit less) for memory. You're looking at about $500usd which is a lot of money to sink into an older computer system so you're probably looking at getting a new system. Kinda nullifies the "free" aspect of Resolve.

I mean, if people are looking for "free" software it's probably because they are doing this for a hobby and not professionally thus don't want to put a lot of money into it. Resolve is one of those applications you decide you need to use then build a system to support it.

I have some pretty shaky video that I would like to clean up. I have been using GoPro Studio for what little editing I have done but it doesn't seem to have video stabilization (maybe I'm overlooking it?). For the people that have tried multiple programs what do you recommend for video stabilization?

Deshaker plugin for VirtualDub is free and very powerful but the learning curve is pretty high.

A great out of the box solution is Mercalli Prodrenalin V2 for about $79. Not many options but does a good job, and it includes some basic color correction features. Mercalli V4 standalone has a lot more stabilization options but costs more at $249 although you can usually find coupon codes for $99.

For quick and decent results at an affordable price, I'd recommend Prodrenalin V2to start. You can download trials of both that are fully functional except they apply watermarks to demo versions.

Temper your expectations, though. Stabilization can only correct so much and it depends on the type of shakiness.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom