Video from my shark dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nice one, I like the part when the little black grouper acts like it is headed into the mix and then looks like he thinks getter of it :D

I'm not a big fan of feeding sharks. We do chum on our infrequent shark dives. I'm hoping that lessens the association between humans and food since the sharks don't actually see food directly associated with any of our divers... at least not until the great white shows up!

Dr. Bill I'm intrigued by this comment of yours, "lessens the association between humans and food". Do sharks actually have this level of cognitive ability? This implies both reasonable memory and some level of interpretation doesn't it?

I thought sharks were about as "smart" as snakes, and I never noticed any learned behaviour in years of snake ownership.

Dangit, I dove with Stuart Cove's last september but I didn't do the shark dive. Now i'm regretting it. Ugh.

Awesome! I'm planning to do this dive while in Nassau on a cruise next month too! Just wondering how long the shark feeding lasted? I've done the night manta ray dive in Kona and found that amazing too, although I imagine my adrenaline will be a little higher during the shark feeding! But gotta do something daring to celebrate my birthday this year!

Back
Top Bottom