Video Gear Insurance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PeaceDog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Can anyone recommend any insurance plans or companies that offer flooding/theft insurance for underwater video gear?

Check out the DAN website...they have gear insurance plans now from
an outfit called H2oinsurance.

13 days to Roatan:D

There are two companies that I know of. 1 is H2Oinsurance through Dan and the other is DEPP. I recommend H2OInsurance more (no affiliation). Reasons being:

1. H2O gives you the money, does not take care of the repairs for you
2. Lower annual premium (slightly higher deductible...but that shouldnt be an issue cuz we dont plan on flooding/damaging equipment too often, right??)

My customers have found it to be very easy dealing with h2oinsurance.

check out this thread:

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=100469

i tried the RIDER gimik, but 2 agents i called were completely cluesless, so i ended up going w/H2OInsurrance through DAN; after all insurance is so you'll have a peace of mind and i can only imagine what MIGHT happen if I had to make a claim on day with the RIDER gimik

I use State Farm for a personal property policy which covers me for flooding/damage, theft, loss. The rate is about $1 per $100 insured. I have not had any claims (knock on wood) so can't comment on that. You do not need to have any other policies (home, auto, etc) with State Farm to get the personal property policy. I don't consider the policy a gimmick.

i'm sorry. i didn't mean to use the term 'gimik' in a derogatory fashion - it's just a term i use for 'option'.

i'm sure State Farm is wonderful company and will stand behind all their policies. i just didn't want to get stuck in the details of the fineprint that i didn't understand and neither did the 2 agents that i talked to; i now revert to the "peace of mind" portion of the original post.

Back
Top Bottom