video light deal: Evolva Future Technology D02

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dove with these lights on 2 recent trips. I did not have an issue with them coming off; one got a bit loose once because I was moving the light around. I just tightened it.

They are a real value in my opinion. Probably good for ones who don't want to spend thousands.

The other way I used this light was to put it inside a goodman glove like the ones sold on DGEx. Then used it when shooting my gopro.

They seem to be well built. I don't have a doubt about their longevity but time will tell. I bought them on Amazon without the battery. They were ~$36. Now I see that DGEx has video lights.

I think some units got a short bolt. Just get a longer one. Blue loctite if you are unsure of the holding power, but that won't help with a short bolt.

Just spent10 days muck diving Crystal Blue/Philippines. No problems at all. Light is more of a video light than focus so pretty useless daytime in the shallows. Worked fine at night. Next test will be in home waters Puget Sound.

Regarding the short bolt, perhaps a small oring going around the bolt should make the bolt stay in better. Just an idea as I've not had any issue with mind and I do think I have a shorter bolt.

JXO: I think your idea is even better than mine.

...Just spent10 days muck diving Crystal Blue/Philippines. No problems at all. Light is more of a video light than focus so pretty useless daytime in the shallows. Worked fine at night. Next test will be in home waters Puget Sound.

were either of the red light modes useful as a focus light? Seems like they would be critter friendly with macro.

I tried the full strength red light for a macro night dive. I didn't find it workable at all with an Olympus EPL-3 + stock lens and +10 diopter. Couldn't see or focus. Not sure what the critters thought since I abandoned it almost immediately.

I tried the full strength red light for a macro night dive. I didn't find it workable at all with an Olympus EPL-3 + stock lens and +10 diopter. Couldn't see or focus. Not sure what the critters thought since I abandoned it almost immediately.
so what type of focus light worked best during the day for macro?

so what type of focus light worked best during the day for macro?

Can't help with that. All I took and used was the Evolva. My wife used a LaLuz and seemed fine with it but I didn't ask specifically. Lots of people were using various Solas.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom