video light deal: Evolva Future Technology D02

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the response.

How much brighter are they? Is coverage adequate for wide angle video? Easily adapted to ball mount?

Coverage is slightly wider than the evolva, but not as wide as some pricier lights with COB. They also have a bit of a hotspot towards the middle and a less crisp cutoff because they are not a COB. You can order 1" ball mounts instead of the handle, it is a few bucks extra. I have them mounted directly to 3/4 inch locline. I would estimate them to be 3 to maybe 4 times as bright as the evolva. For about twice the cost once you factor in the extra batteries, it feels worth the difference to me.

Coverage is slightly wider than the evolva, but not as wide as some pricier lights with COB. They also have a bit of a hotspot towards the middle and a less crisp cutoff because they are not a COB. You can order 1" ball mounts instead of the handle, it is a few bucks extra. I have them mounted directly to 3/4 inch locline. I would estimate them to be 3 to maybe 4 times as bright as the evolva. For about twice the cost once you factor in the extra batteries, it feels worth the difference to me.
Thanks for the review! I see that version for like $38 on AliExpress (14 led) and a 27 led version for a few bucks more. Will probably order a couple and give em some use in the caves/reefs.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread. What have you guys switched to these days?
Have four of these Evolvas.

Any new cheap chinese lights that forum members recommend?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom