Video - Lobos from above and below

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gombessa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey everyone,

It's been a while (a couple of months maybe?) but Team Bunny made it out for another dive. It felt like summer in October at Lobos, a sweltering 82 during gear-up. The viz wasn't stellar but the ocean was calm, making for some nice exploration west of Sea Mount and around the Bluefish Cove area.

[video=youtube;nZlDt3WpJzQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZlDt3WpJzQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Kenn,

I'm totally baffled by this one. I was at Lobos on Friday and had way better visibility than you did today. Everything in your video looked green, and the visibility didn't look like it was better than 10' or so. I had relatively clear, blue water on Friday. The cove was ick, as usual, but by the time I got to HITW it had cleared up nicely. What a difference a day makes!

The helicopter adds a really nice new perspective. That thing opens up all kinds of new possibilities for you.

Loved the aerial video. Thanks for the ending sequence showing your quadrotor---saved me from asking about it.

Thanks for posting that.

What fun! But was it my computer, or was there no music?

LOVE the aerial views, and the creativity of using the quadcopter.

BTW, do you save your rabbit fur? I suspect there are folks who would love to have it to spin yarn.

We had heard there were good reports earlier too, kinda surprising how it never opened up outside the cove! I wonder what other divers saw that day.

The copter is super fun, but I never realized how big the cove is until I was squinting trying to see which way the thing was pointing!

Does the music not play for anyone else? I think there's some weird setting because whoever holds the copyright on the song used gets to determine where it can be played or if ads show up...

we never save the fur, but there's usually enough to make a new rabbit at the end of grooming. I know some angoras need to be groomed every day!

Until I saw the copter I was envisioning one of your bunnies floating from a balloon to get the shot

Wow, you are really taking things up a notch with arial shots! Saturday was the perfect day for RC aircraft shots - zero wind, blue skies.

Back
Top Bottom