Video made in Maldives with Panasonic Lx7 in Nauticam Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wish that turtle would have bit that diver's hand.

....honestly I was filming and wishing the same thing ahahah :D
Scipionems

Another video with some sharks made in Maldives with the Panasonic Lx7 in bad condition of light (the weather out was very bad) and quite enough deep (32 meters).
Warren Thilla - YouTube
Scipionems

How awesome that you filmed a yawning turtle! I'm jealous.

At the end of the first video you zoomed in on a turtle, and then there was some lighting adjustment. Did you do that while you were filming, or did the camera make the adjustments for you... or did you do it in post.

Did you do anything in post?

What shutter speed were you shooting?

I hope you don't mind my questions. I'm asking because I'm interested in the camera, and I'm unfamiliar with Panasonic. What did you shoot before, and how does the Panasonic compare?

Hi Hetland,
I was lucky with the turtle, but I am sad because the turtle was disturbed by the other diver with his hand.
I was filming in manual mode at 1/50, F8 Iso 80.
At the end of the video when the turtle went deeper, I opened at F 5,6 to lighten the scene.
The panasonic Lx7 allow you to make video setting all the parameters as you need.
I am very pleased with this compact camera for pictures and video too.
I started with a Canon G7, good for pictures but not for video.
Then I used a Panasonic Lx5 that was very good for pictures but for video had some restrictions.
Scipionems

---------- Post added April 13th, 2013 at 04:00 PM ----------

Another video with a manta made with the Panasonic Lx7 in Nauticam housing :)
Panettone Manta Point - YouTube
Scipionems

Great videos! Can you give some details on your setup? I am about to take my Lx7 underwater for the first time.

Did you use any filters, lenses, lighting?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi Mpagri,
for video I use the Lx7 in manual mode, ISO 80, Manual White Balance, 1/50 or 1/100 and F5,6 - F8 according with the condition of natural light .
I use two Inon wet lenses, one for macro (Inon UCL 165 M67 INON Close-up Lens UCL-165M67 [Overview] ) and one for Wide (Inon UWL-H100 28M67 type II INON Wide Conversion Lens UWL-H100 28M67 [Overview] ).
I use a 5 Leds light only during night dive.
The Lx7 is very good for video.
Scipionems.

Back
Top Bottom