Video/Photo Lighting for caves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dkiely

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm working on getting some good video up in Cave Country. On my last trip to Ginnie I used some BigBlue lights. TL3100 spot and a VTL6300P for a flood. I thought the spot light would wash out a lot of the video but it came out pretty well using both lights. I'm just shooting a GoPro and I'm by no means a professional photographer.

Here's a link to the video I took last time:

(short version)
(long version)
I'd like to get a little better lighting, I'm not sure the best option to do it. I'm thinking either a more powerful flood light, like the BigBlue VL7200 or VL9000. Or I'm thinking a couple of smaller flood lights like the VL4000P and rather than have them mounted to the camera, have them staged around whatever room I'm trying to get video of.

Looking for suggestions on either option or other options. I'm new to taking video in a cave so if there is a better way to do it I'm open to trying something new.

Back
Top Bottom