Video Posting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Laine

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just went to Dominica and used my new HD video setup. I have never posted a video before (just made DVDs for friends and our scuba club). I thought I might give it a try when I finish my trip video editing. Ok I will admit it I do not have a clue about how you accomplish this. If there is anyone who would be interested in giving me complete step by step instructions easy enough for a "Post A Video For Dummies" candidate please let me know.
Many Thanks,
Laine

Small videos (under 10MB) can be added to your Photogallery and then linked to in your post. But that's going to require severe compression of your HD source. So unless your clips are very short, a better option would be to upload them to Vimeo or YouTube in HD format and link to them in posts here.

We have embed codes for the link to them. For Vimeo it's: [vimeo]xxxxxx[/vimeo] where xxxxxx will be the numeric value Vimeo will assign to your clip - it can be found in the Vimeo page URL. An example of the result:

[vimeo]131649[/vimeo]

For future reference the code/example can be found here: ScubaBoard - Vimeo embed code or in the vb code list link on the left menu of your UserCP - it's under Graphics.

We also support YouTube HD and YouTube - ScubaBoard - YouTube embed code options

Thank you for your prompt response. I may give it a try when I finish our Dominica video.
Laine

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom