Videos from Panasonic Lumix TZ7 / ZS3 in AVCHD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wicked_innit

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi ,

am using the new Panasonic Lumix TZ7 / ZS3 & u/w casing DMW-MCTZ7 with AVCHD Lite HD video .

Pl subscribe or ave a lookie at my youtube channel and individual vids (for bigger HD display). Dont forget to press "watch in HD".

YouTube - wickedinnit's Channel

Example of photos as well at my picasa album

These are taken using settings:

• Underwater mode
  • 10m size
  • SH quality
  • Auto Stabiliser
  • CAf
  • 1-AREA HIGH FOCUS
  • AVCHD Lite
  • 1.1 Firmware update (no zoom noise after No4 vid)
More importantly , was pleased that SANDISK ULTRA II 16Gb class 4 worked well at various depths and temp for HD recording.:D

I cant answer anymore questions about settings as i bought this as an "automatic el cheapo-will do convergent HD travel camera/camcorder"..next purchase is a double arm/tray/strobe setup to keep those hands steady !

Other tips -

* Found Picasa 3 works well previewing mts files.
Those files are imported from SDHC drive:\PRIVATE\AVCHD\BDMV\STREAM

* I am using Sony Vegas Studio 9 and AVS Video Editor

* u/w beginners guide
http://www.panasonic.net/avc/lumix/popup/underwater_shoot...

Enjoy !

Last edited:
I love this camera. I bought one to play around with and it can give you really nice results. I especially like the wide angle lens. It has it's limitations and does suffer from some jello artifact at times but for what it is it is really a great little camera.

Check out this video shot on the TZ7 / ZS3 by Mick Jones - very impressive for a pocket cam:
Soldiers Surfing on Vimeo

This is a video I shot on the ZS3 as well: Lumix ZS3 demo edit on Vimeo

wow - i didnt know 10 Bar could do this. and it is more modular too! dam should have waited! aluminium, double o ring, filters...

10Bar Underwater Housings for Nikon P6000

ZS3_1.jpg

Wicked:
This housing looks a bit too much for freediving, howver I could not locate the price on the web...

Could you direct me to a good online store to buy the original housing in the US.

Thank-you

Wicked:
This housing looks a bit too much for freediving, howver I could not locate the price on the web...

Could you direct me to a good online store to buy the original housing in the US.

Thank-you
i bought mine from amazon japan (english) not USA. you can try Amazon USA and ebay?

acmakdog, maybe later..at the mo am pretty ok using the camera's flash..anyway i have just bought OEM dual arm and tray with FIX led light on the hotshoe..this light can switch off when internal flash is used..am really using this to help focus on near subjects for AVCHD..

I have found several online stores to buy the original Panasonic housing, some with very good prices:

dg-shopper.com/store/product.php?productid=36130

videodirect.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=V&Product_Code=DMWMCTZ7&Category_Code=DIGCACCMC

warehouse123.com/store/product_information.php?pid=21057&ptext=Panasonic-DMW-MCTZ7-Waterproof-Case-TZ7-TZ6-ZS3-ZS1-Cle

adorama.com/IPCDMWMCTZ7.html

I hope they are of use for somebody.
I called warehouse123 and they told me they will be recieving them on october.

Cheers

Still tough to get the housing of the TZ7. Noone seems to have it except on ebay but this is basically from Japan.

I tried on amazon.co.jp direct, but for some reasons, they are not shipping this item direct to US...

The 10bar case looks better, but runs 50% more in $$. To get it, you need indeed to contact 10bar directly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom