Vietnam Dives... Is it worth it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jun Lao

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Generally posting for a dm friend based in Nha Trang. He is a freelancer and gets everything ready if you inform him 3 days in advance. More for the enthusiast underwater photographer (appreciates slow dives, critter hunting, long dives). Also, if you're in the area (Saigon) and have no one to dive with, join us, we are a friendly bunch of divers from everywhere, with one common interest, u/w photography. Heres our trips so far (information, how to get there, the critters) so if it interests you, do drop us a line. We're looking for more buddies within the area, especially divers based in Saigon.

click here-> Trip Reports - Dive With Thuan :wink:

Hopping Hairy by Yagit Diver, on Flickr

haha, it is very cold, averaging 23-25, only place I wear a wetsuit) which can be considered warm by most folks, well we enjoy 28-30 in Subic :)

How is the snorkeling near Nha Trang? I am a diver and would plan to dive, but my wife does not dive, just snorkeling. Is the snorkeling off the beach easy to do with things to see or do you have to go out on a boat? We are planning a trip and Nha Trang was a place I heard good things about so it is on our list.

How are the conditions during November - December? Sorry for the questions, but appreciate an insight you can provide.

How is the snorkeling near Nha Trang? I am a diver and would plan to dive, but my wife does not dive, just snorkeling. Is the snorkeling off the beach easy to do with things to see or do you have to go out on a boat? We are planning a trip and Nha Trang was a place I heard good things about so it is on our list.

How are the conditions during November - December? Sorry for the questions, but appreciate an insight you can provide.

hi TeqP, as much as I dont want to share..Nha Trang weather / Nha Trang Vietnam weather - best time to visit Nha Trang, but did some diving Dec last year and visibility was decent enough.

Snorkeling will be easy, best done at Moray beach where theres a resident school and much shallow corals to see,

Everyone leaves at around 8am-830 and return 1pm up (no trips in the afternoons). The trip starts at the dive center (some pick you up at you're hotel) where a van will take you to the pier/jetty, followed by a 40+ minute boat to the sites, lots of divers bring their non-diver wives and kids, not a problem and most of the time, all dive/snorkeling boats have a second floor platform to do sun bathing/tanning, for non divers to get away from the diver zone below, which can get pretty busy.

Usual trip will cost (with inflation) usd45 for two dives (used to be usd40 last year), snorkeling i think less than half of that, standard bread and jam will be served during the dive trip.

to be unbiased, you can google some of the dive operators I've seen in Vietnam,
Amigo Divers (Russian Run)
Angel Dive (French/Vietnamese run)
Coco Divecenter (French/German/vietnamese run)
Rainbow Divers (Padi 5 star)
Sailing club divers
Scuba Dive
Turtle dive

I've tried 3 outfits, its relatively the same service offered by everyone

hope this helps :)

Jun,

Thank you for the information, I really appreciate it...We are still debating over where to go for our vacation...if we decide on Nha Trang, I will be sure to ask more questions...thanks again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom