Vietnam Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So, what are we learning from you? A part that you don't rememeber a lot...?!?!?!

Rainbow Divers is the only PADI 5 star, CDC, Nat Geo centre in town...... That says enough...
Er ... are those pluses or minuses? Not one of the items actually speaks to anything about the quality or skill of the operator.

Face it, have you ever seen a PADI four star or PADI three star operator?

No Carolin your wrong.

Divers don't just want a good training centre, they want experienced & professional dive GUIDES.

Most of the centres in Nha Trang use DMTs after just 4 weeks to guide divers; no wonder they see nothing!

Having researched Rainbow, they state that most of their guides have over 10,000 dives in Nha Trang; now THAT'S experience! I'll dive with them, and pay a bit more, for this experience! Why try to save a few quid and have a crap dive?

Happy diving....

Paul

So, what are we learning from you? A part that you don't rememeber a lot...?!?!?!

Rainbow Divers is the only PADI 5 star, CDC, Nat Geo centre in town...... That says enough...
To tell you the truth I can't remember which clubs was told neg feeds, not even sure if it was rainbow divers or an other one, but I know that my diving guide (european) told me bad arguments about them that happened in the past (the clubs that I couldn't remember), of what I remember. But as I said that was 2 years ago already. Things change very fast.
And by the way, never judge a diving centre by it's nice looking homepage, you know the saying "never judge a book by it's cover". I've been fooled so many times after I saw them, and I am not the only one.

Yes Carolin, but being a top PADI training centre doesn't mean they're good for fun divers! However, Rainbow do boast diveguides with over 10,000 dives....if that's true, then they're worth a look!

Paul

. ..they state that most of their guides have over 10,000 dives in Nha Trang; now THAT'S experience! I'll dive with them, and pay a bit more, for this experience!
If it's true. At 4 dives per day, 6 days per week, 50 weeks per year, that's over eight years ... and two a day is more likely, 5 days a week, for the "season" of say, ten months ... that'd take almost 24 years. The shops only been there since the mid 1990s.

As someone with over 10,000 dives, and the log books to prove it going back to 1956, that claim stretches my credulity.

Was the claim of 10,000 dives total for the DMs they have or for individual DMs?

Everything I've heard about Rainbow Divers has been very positive. I intend to use them myself when I can "harvest" enough extra scheckels to make the trip.

If it's true. At 4 dives per day, 6 days per week, 50 weeks per year, that's over eight years ... and two a day is more likely, 5 days a week, for the "season" of say, ten months ... that'd take almost 24 years. The shops only been there since the mid 1990s.

As someone with over 10,000 dives, and the log books to prove it going back to 1956, that claim stretches my credulity.
Now you understand how some dive centers lose their credibility. Don't trust everything you read LOL !!
There are some good examples to name.

If you want a good dive centre go to "Angel diving" in Nha trang, they got my votes.

Rainbow Divers has a good reputation. The discussion should not be about whether the number of dives some of their guides made are really 6,000, 8.000 or 10.000, but about the quality of the DC.

Rainbow Divers has a good reputation. The discussion should not be about whether the number of dives some of their guides made are really 6,000, 8.000 or 10.000, but about the quality of the DC.

We can't tell how good their reputation is from across the world, but if they make claims about the number of dives their guide make, it should be accurate. If it's unreasonable, then all their other claims are called into question.

I found their site a while back, and I though that the prices were very high considering the expense rate there. I feel that the course prices are charged at US rates, and I certainly can find less expensive courses here in the US. For instance, Nitrox class can be found for about $99 in many dive shops around here, and there it's $205. That's twice as much, when everything else is at least half the cost of the comparable thing in the US. Plus you lose a day of vacation time in class, etc. I took kiteboarding lessons in Vietnam because it was cheaper there than here(almost half!), but it's wierd that they think that they can charge so much for scuba classes. I guess people will pay it.

Somebody here states that they claim their guides have done 10,000 dives. That does not mean it is what they claim. (I did not check their website BTW)

Comparing those prices means nothing, because you're comparing a theory course with a course where you also get to make 2 dives. Also I don't know what is included in those 99$, it would not surprise me if certification and/or manual are extra.

I have no connection whatsoever with Rainbow Divers, but they do have a good reputation.

Back
Top Bottom