Vietnam...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TruckDiver1981

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all, does anyone have any experience of diving in Vietnam? Me and the girlfriend are looking at a holiday there at the end of the year, and i was looking at the possibility of getting some diving in. The only friend i have who has been there said it was not very good, does anyone have any good experiences from diving there?

I do. I was traveling through the country and stayed a few days in Hoi An, which itself, is a must see city in Vietnam. I did 2 days of 2 tank boat dives out of Hoi An to the Cham Islands. I quite enjoyed the diving and can recommend it. Both days were really enjoyable with a nice lunch provided on one of the islands. Here are two dive operators to consider Blue Coral Diving Dive Hoi An PADI Dive Center and Cham Island Diving - Hoi An - Vietnam
There is also said to be good diving further south out of Nha Trang. Top Dive Sites in Vietnam to Explore - PADI Blog

I went out with Rainbow divers at Nah Trang - no complaints with op - was not overly impressed with Vietnam diving, I've heard Cat islands are worth a look. Also did a day dive in Phuc Quoc, again, an ok day nothing exceptional. I found the diving there and at Koh Rong in Cambodia roughly on par.

I do. I was traveling through the country and stayed a few days in Hoi An, which itself, is a must see city in Vietnam. I did 2 days of 2 tank boat dives out of Hoi An to the Cham Islands. I quite enjoyed the diving and can recommend it. Both days were really enjoyable with a nice lunch provided on one of the islands. Here are two dive operators to consider Blue Coral Diving Dive Hoi An PADI Dive Center and Cham Island Diving - Hoi An - Vietnam
There is also said to be good diving further south out of Nha Trang. Top Dive Sites in Vietnam to Explore - PADI Blog

I did one day out of Hoi An with Blue Coral in June, 2016. Well run, friendly. They paired me with one other diver & and a guide, while other groups (DM candidates, divers who've been with them before, etc) were with similarly small groups (2~6? people). Well organized in terms of gear, in/out-board to account for divers, attentive DM, etc.

When I was there, it was a period of unusually cold current...the water temp was about 22. The rental wetsuit didn't fit me very well (too loose), and I got cold quickly and skipped the 2nd dive. Visibility was OK -- 1.5~10m, very green water. Lots of starfish, limited fishies. Not a bad experience, and I'd dive with them again if it was warmer.

The snorkle/lunch package on the Cham islands was low-key, fun, and worthwhile.

Hi all, does anyone have any experience of diving in Vietnam? Me and the girlfriend are looking at a holiday there at the end of the year, and i was looking at the possibility of getting some diving in. The only friend i have who has been there said it was not very good, does anyone have any good experiences from diving there?
Best diving on the continental coast of VN is Onh Ong (Whale island), 70km north of Nha Trang, much better diving than Nha Trang (I dived both) which is a back packer place only worth for munching on grilled tamarin squids.
Still not a SEA highlight, though with a quite interesting macro fare : GPF, nudibranches, octopi, etc and a few decent coral dives (Fryer bells, 4 kings - not Raja Ampat eh...-) unlike Nha Trang where around Mun island everything is broken.
Whale island is also a beautiful resort to stay, a nice break along a white beach on a lake flat lagoon for a few days, in order to relax from the tiring VNmese hustle and bustle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom