Suggestion Views/posting data available?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
L

lmorin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi--I am wondering about the seasonality of diving, dive vacations, etc. ScubaBoard collects and shows the number of viewers looking at a thread at any one time and there are data collected that are obtained, in total, across days. So, the question is can ScubaBoard display the information plotted day by day or week by week or month by month (preferably with a user choice of which display to use) across the year? I'd like to know how the viewing/posting trends relate to the economy, etc. If ScubaBoard has the possibility of providing plotted viewing data, it would also be nice to be able to upload a spreadsheet file containing that data for plotting against such things as the Dow-Jones averages, etc.
Regards,
Larry

I can see that data through my google analytics, but can't post it, as it too complex... I'm also not about to give out access to my analytics. If someone needs specific data, it can be obtained. With that said, I'm not really interested in pulling analytics for people on a regular basis.

You can for free view on Alexa.com our traffic in general over time.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

I didn't know about the Alexa.com website. Thanks for that link. It provides some basic info, but for a max of two years (that I can see). I'd really like to know of ScubaBoard hits go up along with wishful thinking when the economy is down or it is late January and -20 deg in NH.

Our traffic isn't really linked to economy or weather. It has continually gone up every year, and the cyclical pattern is that it surges to a high in August, and a low in November. From December through August, it builds up... Each year, the baseline increases. So what you see on Alexa represents accurate trending. Occasionally there may be a minor spike. Unfortunately, these are usually associated with something bad, like a death. Once though, we got a huge spike from a happy lost and found story.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom