Viking HDS 1000 for PSD's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vablackwater

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Does anyone from the PSD world have any experience with the new Viking HDS product line Trelleborg Viking ?

Sounds like the NITECS material offers amazing abrasion and permeability protection. I am comparing this suit to the pro or hd w/ surveyor hood. I am not looking at vulcanized suits out of the Viking product line.

Looking for quotes via the LDS to add to the comparison mix, and was hoping to hear about the suit in the field.

Thanks!

John

We have several on the go right now. We've only had them since early March, but the guys who are using them really like them. Right now they prefer them to their HD and/or Pro they were using before.

Thanks for the feedback. Why do they like them overe the other suits in the Viking line, and is the price jump between suits worth it for PSD/ FFM diving - my line of thought is if the water is THAT bad we are calling in another resource with SSA.

More for comfort than anything else. They are cut like a PRO suit but have the strength of the HD which is cut to fit Spongebob, so less excess material. They also give you the flexibility of the more sporty suits as opposed to the stiffness of the normal Vikings.

So I am told..., I just ordered a new one for me.., should have it in a week or so then I'll be able to give you a first hand account.

As far as cost...,we put guys in their suits for long days.., the comfort is worth the price

Thanks for the input! Anyone else given the HDS's a try in the field?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom