Vintage doubles - worth it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HenrikBP

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a line on a set of old doubles with manifold (J-valve pull rod) with central outlet, bands and a plastic back-plate and wanted to see what you guys think of those for a double hose regulator.

950437564_mAM62-L.jpg

950437565_2GYjj-L.jpg

I haven't seen them in person, but from the pictures I think they look pretty good.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Henrik

Would look good as a static display.

You would probably have trouble getting the valve assembly rebuilt.

ou would probably have trouble getting the valve assembly rebuilt.

I thought those valves/manifolds were fairly simple devices - I'd be doing the rebuild myself, so as long as I can get the necessary bits I'd be good with that. Of course I don't know if the manifold requires "special" parts that are no longer available.

Henrik

Nice looking set of twins! Getting the tanks hydro'd and VIP'd should be no problem. You can probably find someone on the vintage list to help you with the manifold. What make is the manifold? If it is USD, parts can be found.

Regards,
Ltstanfo

Nice looking set of twins! Getting the tanks hydro'd and VIP'd should be no problem. You can probably find someone on the vintage list to help you with the manifold. What make is the manifold? If it is USD, parts can be found.

Regards,
Ltstanfo

Thanks. Unfortunately those 2 pictures are all I have right now, so I don't know what make the manifold is.

Henrik

Perfect set for a DH reg. The only issue I have with old sets is AL tanks, just due to the PITA that some dive shops give you about the old alloy. Those being steel, you should not have that problem. The old manifold should be good.

Would look good as a static display.

You would probably have trouble getting the valve assembly rebuilt.

What's to rebuild if it doesn't leak.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I appreciate the help. Looks like we're going to pick the set up tonight. Fingers crossed.

Henrik

Looks like a Healthways set with Healthways manifold, shouldn't be an issue. The tanks are Norris. It is possible that the tanks may be epoxy lined. That in itself is not an issue but it maybe to some un-knowledgeable person doing the vis and hydro.

Back
Top Bottom