For Sale Vintage Scuba Tanks Steel Double 50s US Navy WWII / Vietnam w Backpack

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

simplediver247

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Scuba Tanks Double 50s US Navy WWII / Vietnam w Backpack. Scuba Tanks belonged to my Dad, I also have the US Navy Navcon VI Non Magnetic Regulator that was used with these doubles listed on the classifieds regulator section. Tanks are in very good condition and still have just a few pounds of air inside, There Is No J Rod For the Reserve. Straps are very good slightly stiff condition, paint on the tanks is still in really good condition, scuffs and scratches are on the tanks as shown in the pics, the tank manifold is a Dacor, backpack is is excellent condition. I am in Valparaiso Indiana just 45 min from Chicago. Selling $399.00 Best Offer

Attachments

• gallery.jpg
    gallery.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 122
  • gallery 2.jpg
    gallery 2.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 101
  • top bands.jpg
    top bands.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 104
  • tank 1 2.jpg
    tank 1 2.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 101
  • tank 1 1.jpg
    tank 1 1.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 104
  • tank 2 1.jpg
    tank 2 1.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 88
  • tank 2 2.jpg
    tank 2 2.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 101
Can any of the vintage divers shed some light on these tanks? They obviously predate scuba in the US, so I guess they were originally used for O2, CO2 or some type of welding gas and then later repurposed for diving?

The manufacturer stamp "Alfco" appears to be for the American LaFrance Company which is pretty cool.

Can any of the vintage divers shed some light on these tanks? They obviously predate scuba in the US, so I guess they were originally used for O2, CO2 or some type of welding gas and then later repurposed for diving?

The manufacturer stamp "Alfco" appears to be for the American LaFrance Company which is pretty cool.
I found this info on vintage scuba community regarding the same tanks that are 45s by Alfco posted on 2005: The tanks are Navy tanks but they were not originally diving tanks. They were used in high pressure air systems on aircraft and ships. A lot of them were sold as surplus after the war and converted to diving tanks.

Scuba Tanks Double 50s US Navy WWII / Vietnam w Backpack. Scuba Tanks belonged to my Dad, I also have the US Navy Navcon VI Non Magnetic Regulator that was used with these doubles listed on the classifieds regulator section. Tanks are in very good condition and still have just a few pounds of air inside, There Is No J Rod For the Reserve. Straps are very good slightly stiff condition, paint on the tanks is still in really good condition, scuffs and scratches are on the tanks as shown in the pics, the tank manifold is a Dacor, backpack is is excellent condition. I am in Valparaiso Indiana just 45 min from Chicago. Selling $399.00 Best Offer
Price Drop $200

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom