Virtual Reality Gear - any good scuba apps?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaJill

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just received my Samsung VR Gear headset and was looking for some cool underwater apps. I found one called "Ocean Rift," and tested the free version. Though it will take some getting used to, I did find myself ensuring I was breathing at a steady rate, and particularly as I was ascending, which made me laugh. I also saw an app with the Padi logo prominently displayed, called "Feel - Must of the Sea." Any other suggestions?

Last edited:
We also have a VR set up in what used to be the dining room. We are looking for games and tours too. I will post what we find.

There is one I found called Florida. I don't know anything about VR but it looks like a cool app. The only thing is you have to pay for each wreck you want to explore, that's when I lost interest. There is a free one that comes with the app you could try.
Cheers

My husband is Captain of the Enterprise on his VR setup as I type. I can see what he sees on a monitor that is linked in. If even one Red Shirt starts stripping, I will be very jealous.
Now if we get an Oceans Reef VR game, and mermaids start frisking about, I just wouldn't be jealous.

This thread is taking a turn that I hadn't anticipated.
Ok, let me ask a more directly related question (don't have any VR gear, don't know, sorry if those sound extra stupid):

The app you tried was a scuba diving app?
Diving around and lookIng at things? Or needing to do tasks or?

To be used with VR headgear and doing what to "dive around"?
(More like just move the head or more like lay with your midsection face down on a barstool and with VR fins on work your way through the VR reef).

Breathing room air or breathing through a regulator?

Is the entertainment factor coming from "the tour" and in what you see - or?

Back
Top Bottom