Visit San Diego

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WADiverBob

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello SoCal..

I am deaf diver from Washington. My wife, two kids and I are going to San Diego on first week of Aug. for Sea World, S.D. Zoo and Legoland. I have a Reservation with Lois Ann Dive Charter on Aug. 3rd. If cancel due less 4 divers, then on Aug 5th same dive Charter.

I am looking for a dive buddy ( shore diving) for my U/W photography at LaJolla Cove or another good site on Aug. 3,4 or 5 late afternoon or evening. I have been diving at LaJolla shores about 12 years ago. We stay at motel in San Diego on Aug. 1-3 and in Carlsbad on Aug. 4-7.

We will leave for Calif. on July 30.

If anyone want, Let me know before July 28. I know short notice.

Thanks,
WADiverBob

I am certain someone from San Diego will set you up with a beach dive. IF not, I can drive down from Los Angeles. Not the LaJolla expert, but I have dove the cove a few times and the canyon a time or two.

Pasley..

Sure, I like to meet you or anyone. I will find out what best day and time for shore diving soon.What day do you want? I haven't heard from Lois Ann Dive Charter if they have more divers ( Hope not cancel on Aug. 3).I will check later today. Thanks for find a dive buddy.

WADiverBob

Bob, it was great meeting you and your family last night at the La Jolla Cove. I wish we had seen more stuff, but at least the vis was ok at depth. Thanks to Melvin, Simon, Shauna and her friend for comming down and doing a dive with us! I was very impressed with Bob's diving skills and equipment!! Drysuit, HID light, camera with Strobe, Steel 100... what more can you ask for? :) Also it was great meeting Mrs. Pasley! A very nice lady!

Thanks,

Sean

Bob,
I enjoyed the dive. The La Jolla Cove is one of my favorite dive site as it usally has tons of marine life, except for last night. Oh well, that is diving. I hope you family enjoyes their trip and Kelly recovers from her mishap.

I look forward to diving in WA state with you in the not too distant future (I hope)

Sean, were is that dive report and photos?

Thats really cool that we have a sport where we don't have to worry about talking. We do all of our communication with hand signals. I bet ASL is a great advantage while diving. Communication is so very clear.
Bob, I'm glad you enjoyed California. Next time remember that Northern California is way better dude. (just teasing my so-cal friends)

Pasley & divebuddysean...

I haven't check computer at my parent's house near S.F. for one and half weeks. Nice meet both of you. I really enjoyed dive at La Jolla Cove. I was glad to see some new things. I wished we talk more but time was run out. My wife Kelly went see doctor next morning after happen in evening. Her left knee ligament stretched or twisted. She use crutches and knee immobilizer. Kelly use a rental wheelchair at S.D. Zoo and Legoland in three days no problem ( Thanks God for Kelly walked around at Sea World in two days before happen). Also nice meet with Shauna, Simon and diver ( I can't remember what name). Thanks to Mrs. Pasley for watch and care all gears and things while diving. My Kids had good time at beach.

My Parent's computer had little problem so I will send some pictures by my computer when we come home from CA. after Aug. 28. Sean.. I can't wait see pictures.

I plan go diving in Monterey Bay soon. Visit and diving in Puget Sound anytime.

Bob

JustinW:
Thats really cool that we have a sport where we don't have to worry about talking. We do all of our communication with hand signals. I bet ASL is a great advantage while diving. Communication is so very clear.
Bob, I'm glad you enjoyed California. Next time remember that Northern California is way better dude. (just teasing my so-cal friends)

JustinW..

ASL is easy communication in water. I met two new deaf divers from Eastern U.S. in Seattle in July. We really understand and clear communication in water. It was fun.
I have very few hearing divers can very little sign language.

Thanks, I had great time dive in San Diego. I plan go diving in Monterey Bay soon. I will back to WA. after Aug. 29.

Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom