Visiting San Clemente 12/7 to 12/14, Suggestions for dive sights??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSteve2000

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey SoCal divers,
My buddy and I are experienced divers. We've both taken some of the dive charters in LA and San Diego. We probably will do so during our stay in San Clemente but I thought we would try out some of the local beach diving just for grins.:D We'll be in San Clemente for the week of 12/7. Thanks!
Stay wet,
Steve.

If conditions are good (and they have been pretty good) just drive a bit north on PCH and dive Laguna Beach. I use this website SwellWatch 3D - Surf Report and Forecast and the local dive shops to help make that call or you can just go and look. Shaws, Divers, Crescent.are most common but there are a bunch of places. If conditions are good and you like the day dive then a night dive can be really great too. Just mark exit with lights and keep it simple.
These guys are pretty good too... http://southcoastdivers.com

They dive Laguna at every opportunity.

enjoy. You also have ferries in Dana Pt and Newport Beach that can take you to Catalina for shore diving in Avalon there too. That would work if conditions on mainland not too good.

I concur with Lamarpaulski. If you want good diving conditions drive a few miles to Laguna Beach.

I would also suggest that you read the last portion of today's post Laguna Beach dive ordinance---experiences.

Orange county and Laguna Beach contributed much to the development of modern recreational sport diving, so you can brag at the next party that while you were in Kalifornia you dove where it all began.

DO NOT harvest anything in Laguna Beach.

SDM

Diving Laguna marginal at.moment..rain & waves. Fyi

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Then you have time to visit city hall and review their records on the establishment and I enforcement of the Laguna Beach Skin and SCUBA diving ordinance and report your findings to the masses of divers who frequently dive there.

It would be interesting to have your input as a Laguna Beach resident

SDM

Just saw report from trusted club member that crescent (in Laguna) had 40 ft viz 12/7 AM. Sorry I missed it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom