Visiting Singapore in Early February - Where to add on a dive trip?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

doublea

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am visiting Singapore for work Feb 6-10th and looking to tack on a trip with some diving. I heard it can be rainy in Indonesia, and am willing to stop anywhere in that area of the world enroute back to LAX.

My girlfriend will be along, so I would love a mix of diving and relaxing beach atmosphere, probably not a Liveaboard this round. I will have about 1 week to spend on the trip.

Any suggestions would be awesome! Thanks!

I think The Philippines is just what you're after. Great beaches, great diving and great everything (almost).

From Singapore you can get cheap flights with Cebu pacific or Tiger Airways and others direct to Cebu which gives you multiple options. I have a lot of customers who get collected from the 4am arrival in Cebu and are diving by 930 here in Malapascua.

Malapascua sounds ideal for you both - world class diving (only place on the planet to see Thresher Sharks daily) and incredible white sandy beaches and lazy tropical paradise island feeling. I'm pretty sure its a good antidote to LA! Also not too hard on the wallet as diving in The Philippines remains excellent value.

February is a popular time here. If you have more time you could combine with Bohol / Panglao / Dauin / Sogod / Moalboal which are all in the region also.

If you need more info feel free to PM me.

I am visiting Singapore for work Feb 6-10th and looking to tack on a trip with some diving. I heard it can be rainy in Indonesia, and am willing to stop anywhere in that area of the world enroute back to LAX.
I'm not sure what you have in mind, but what will probably work best from both logistical and expense perspectives is to use Singapore as your hub. Fly to Singapore, fly to Bali (Phuket, Sorong, or wherever you decide), back to Singapore, and back home. I can't see an obvious destination that you could visit enroute to LAX.

The weather will be nice in Phuket; the beaches are nice; the day diving is certainly not as good as the hot spots of Indonesia, but not bad. As a side trip--one that has to compromise a little to accommodate your girlfriend--it's not a bad choice at all. Bali would be my first choice; I am happy to dive there regardless of the season, and even during the rainy season the weather is really not that bad.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom