Visiting the NE from Germany - Questions about buddies and gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Will do. It started last Friday and I'm already feeling much better. I'm trying to stay optimistic, but it's a potentially serious situation if I try to rush into a dive. I've had a reverse block before on a dive and it was not a pleasant experience at all.

Nice, you're a lucky one. I've had chronic ainus issues my whole life, to include one surgery which didn't help. I'm feeling pretty good though, I'm definitely planning on diving. I will say it has been really tough staying hydrated this week. Hadn't really planned on spending my last week here getting pummeled 8 hours a day with Combatives training. This is the most I've sweat in years.

Question:
Should I bring my dry gloves, or just suit and bare hands, maybe thin neoprene?

Nice, you're a lucky one. I've had chronic ainus issues my whole life, to include one surgery which didn't help. I'm feeling pretty good though, I'm definitely planning on diving. I will say it has been really tough staying hydrated this week. Hadn't really planned on spending my last week here getting pummeled 8 hours a day with Combatives training. This is the most I've sweat in years.

Question:
Should I bring my dry gloves, or just suit and bare hands, maybe thin neoprene?

I use fingertipless leather sailing gloves in RI, up on the North shore of MA you may want neoprene.

Where does a scuba diver squire sailing gloves? I've yet to see a yachtsman turning the mark with a snorkel in his mouth...

I'll pack some light neos, too. Thanks!

Where does a scuba diver squire sailing gloves? I've yet to see a yachtsman turning the mark with a snorkel in his mouth...

I'll pack some light neos, too. Thanks!

I get mine from West Marine. They protect my palms and afford normal dexterity. I use them until I can't stand the cold anymore, usually around November.

I was kidding. I suppose that's hard to convey in text. I was once a frequenter of Marine West myself when my dad and I were racing every weekend. I just never thought to cross the sports. I'll have to see if I can find my gloves and give that a try as well.

See ya soon!

Alright, I'm here! I have my stuff and I'm ready to go. I've got some schoolwork that I've got to get turned in tomorrow. I should be able to start planning a dive or two later this week and next weekend for sure!

Where is here? Did you find your sailing gloves? I used mine today in 65-67F water for about hour no problem. At Green Bridge Newport FaithC and I did a washing machine dive today, vis was variable from <5' to 10' lots of surge, saw some tog and small schools of bait fish. Not the best dive but any time in the water is good time. The time spent in traffic not so much. Newport traffic is murder during summer weekends!

Sorry, I'm in Natick, MA for the first week and Coventry, RI next week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom