Voice change - what's the cause?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon:
Sorry, still laughing here. :lol: For me to have a voice problem would be a kick, but for a lovely young lady to sound like Kermit - Omg! :rofl3:

Again, sorry :blush:

Dont apologize....I don't mind.. because your laughing with me....Maybe I can imitate it for you someday and we'll both laugh. :wink:

Diver18:
Dive buddy had 'nasaly' sounding voice, post 80ft dive, which lasted 5 days. Anyone heard of this before? What's the cause?
Hello Diver18 et al,

I am not a Dr. and do not play one on TV; however, years ago I was at commercial diving school and one of my fellow students emerged from a training dive with a Kermit voice. He admitted to briefly holding his breath upon accent and through an x-ray it was determined he had subcutaneous emphysema. There was no treatment given and the symptoms subsided within a week.

Here is a link to a DAN article you may be interested in. http://www.diversalertnetwork.org/medical/faq/faq.asp?faqid=35

Hope all turns out well,

couv

Diver18:
Dive buddy had 'nasaly' sounding voice, post 80ft dive, which lasted 5 days. Anyone heard of this before? What's the cause?

80 foot dives should not last more than an hour or so, 5 days would be WAY to long, think of the decomression on that dive, GOOD LORD. :rofl3: Seriously, I have no idea, unless he strained something at depth, in his larynx.

Hello again Diver18,

I am curious as to the final diagnosis. Did your buddy seek medical help or did the problem resolve itself?

couv

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom