• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Voit Lung VR1 and VR2 and Dacor Clipper C-3 DH. Value?

Discussion in 'Vintage Equipment Diving' started by Joe Underwater, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Joe Underwater

Joe Underwater ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

I found several dual hose regs and poking around it looks like they are a 1956-59 era VR1 Sportsman and VR-2 Mariner. Also a 1966-68 Dacor Clipper C-3. I am looking to sell some of them. I don't see any of these regs for sale anywhere. What are they worth?

20200106_182950.jpg 20200106_183008.jpg

Attached Files:

2. herman

herman Divemaster

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Its always hard to say, if you get a couple of nuts on ebay bidding, no telling.
    The Voits are worth a good bit more than the Dacor, off hand guess somewhere in the $200 +/- $50 with the Dacor in the $100 +/- $25 range. Voits are prized over USD and USD over Dacor.
    You will see regs listed on ebay for lots more and some even selling at auction for crazy prices. There are a few rare models that command a lot but most of these are just unformed sellers assuming the crazy price others have listed is the norm. That seems to be the trend lately, some of us in the vintage community have been discussing the crazy asking prices of some regs. Notice I say "listed" and not sold, because they never do. You do see the occasional couple of morons that just refuse to lose the auction but they are the outlyers....and I often wonder if its a ruse to sucker others in since you can "buy now" the same type reg for $150.

Joe Underwater likes this.
  3. Seahuntjerry

Seahuntjerry Instructor, Scuba

# of Dives:

4. Seahuntjerry

Seahuntjerry Instructor, Scuba

# of Dives:
    Hi Joe did you get my message?

5. Scuba Lawyer

Scuba Lawyer Manta Ray

# of Dives: 5,000 - ∞
    I sold an extra VR-2 Mariner I had about a year ago for $300. It was in good, but original condition. I have no clue about the Dacor, many folks collect them but I have no experience with them. Have to agree with Herman that the Dacor is likely worth much less.

I've rebuilt my VR-1 (including rechroming] and VR-2 so they are fully diveable. Once you put on new hoses, mouthpiece, 2nd stage diaphragm, rechrome, duck bill or DBE, etc... the value is several hundred dollars higher. My 2psi.

Plus, I get an excuse to show off mine. :)

VR-1 Sportsman

320x180

VR-2 Mariner

320x180

VR-1 and VR-2 (on left)

320x180

Perryed, Joe Underwater and AfterDark like this.
  6. Joe Underwater

Joe Underwater ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

Beautiful regs. I sold some, wanted to keep others. Went for $200-$250 on eBay in under an hour. Should have asked more! I was happy to see the guy who bought them refurbishes them to looking new so they went to a good home.

Scuba Lawyer likes this.