Volcano Taal Erupting. Manila Airport Closed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Weekly newsletters from my favourite dive op confirm that diving is fine. They have even been seeing thresher sharks, similar to this time last year.
Booked for March, can hardly wait.

Does anyone know how Puerto Galera diving (and the travel to PG from Manila) is looking for divers?
Have a trip booked for mid-late Feb and have been on the fence about changing it. I want to support the local economy, but want to know if the diving conditions have been affected. I understand the risks associated with the volcano at a level 3.
TY!

As others have mentioned, PG has had pretty much no impact. I, personally, would not hesitate to go to and dive PG.

Hi
After having witnessed the eruption from Anilao, I decided to come back again inthe Philppines for more dives :)
I ve just spent 5 days in Puerto.
First time back since a number of years.
Nothing has changed, except it is a Chinatown on the shore now with many diveshops taken over by mainlanders and some koreans also.
Diving was good even after a heavy two day rain.
Saw two tresher sharks:)
Verde was good also.
Easy to go and leave with the ferries to Muelle or Balateros.
Plenty of diveshops to choose who to dive with, plenty of restaurant (wasn't really impressed by the food) and ressorts for every budget.
Now back again in Anilao. Haven't dived yet but everything seems ok.
The new worry is the coronavirus...:(

Hi
After having witnessed the eruption from Anilao, I decided to come back again inthe Philppines for more dives :)
I ve just spent 5 days in Puerto.
First time back since a number of years.
Nothing has changed, except it is a Chinatown on the shore now with many diveshops taken over by mainlanders and some koreans also.
Diving was good even after a heavy two day rain.
Saw two tresher sharks:)
Verde was good also.
Easy to go and leave with the ferries to Muelle or Balateros.
Plenty of diveshops to choose who to dive with, plenty of restaurant (wasn't really impressed by the food) and ressorts for every budget.
Now back again in Anilao. Haven't dived yet but everything seems ok.
The new worry is the coronavirus...:(

Good to hear you got some Threshers in the PG area!

The influx of chinese/korean was most likely just for the Lunar New Year.. Happens every year :wink:

The Coronavirus thing has kind of been blown out of proportion here. Still less serious than SARs... and no *confirmed* cases in Philippines yet....

Taal emits a plume. The volcano is still active however still at alert level 3. Image of the latest plume.

taalnew.jpg

Good to hear you got some Threshers in the PG area!

The influx of chinese/korean was most likely just for the Lunar New Year.. Happens every year :wink:

The Coronavirus thing has kind of been blown out of proportion here. Still less serious than SARs... and no *confirmed* cases in Philippines yet....
Unfortunately, first case out of China (right, it was a man coming directly from China, so not a "local case") and now, no way to fly to the Philippines from China and even HK as if Hk was China!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom