Volume color correction

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ravi

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,
Do any of you know of a program that works on Mac OS X that i can select a large number of UW photos and color correct them?

I have luck with an open source tool called ImageMagick. http://www.imagemagick.org/script/index.php

I used it on Linux, but there are compiled downloads available for OS X.

It provides a gui, but all the functions and tools are accessable from the command line, allowing them to be called from a script.

You might be able to batch basic editing functions, resizing, sharpening (maybe) but I dont think it is possible to batch process color correction. There are just too many variables, depth, ambient light, subject range, composition, all of which impact color balance.

There are some tools for this but they all nead tweaking on an image by image basis.

ravi:
Hi all,
Do any of you know of a program that works on Mac OS X that i can select a large number of UW photos and color correct them?

My husband just did color corrections on all his pictures from our last trip, and I doubt he made the same correction twice. I don't see how you can automate this, how you could do anything but look at each one.

Ravi:

If you shoot in camera RAW, the Photoshop plug in will allow you to adjust one image and apply the adjustment to others you select. Similarly, Photoshop will let you save an adjustment in Levels or Curves and apply it to other images (this may require writing an action file to perform in bulk and actions are not available in Photoshop Elements). In the main, I agree with our Damsel. I rarely shoot more than 3 to 5 shots that would respond to the same corrections.

---Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom