Volunteer Diving at The National Aquarium in Baltimore

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you Mark and NAIBdiver1! Thankfully I didn't have to be rescued from the chimney.
I would have never lived that one down. That would have been my worst nightmare!

I made it!! Thank you to everyone for the great advice!
I really received alot of support and encouragement through
this thread and through private messages and for that I
am truly greatful. Looking forward to getting started.

Congratulations Terri!!!!! See you around NAIB

Congrates!!! I'm glad you made it. I hope to be able to take the test the next time. I'm diving their in March with the DiveNY group. Maybe I'll see you.

Mark,
What date in March?

Hi everyone,
Just a quick note: I'm a new volunteer diver on the "Friday A" team at NAIB, and I've decided to record my experiences diving the Aquarium on my blog. It's early still, but I hope before too long there will be some really good content to share...
The website is Gypsy Creative dot com--I don't mean to be sneaky, but ScubaBoard won't let me post the URL until I'm more of a regular member here.
Anyway, love to hear what everyone thinks, once there's some more on there to talk about!
Thanks,
JN
Hope

The Aquarium is very nice, we were in Baltimore for the Cirque Du Soleil show KOOZA & had always heard great things about this aquarium so we stayed an extra day & took it in.

The crowd was amazing, & luckily my wife planned ahead & pre bought our tickets. Which included the Dolphin show & the 4D movie.

My favorite part was the Zebra Shark & I was jealous watching the divers suiting up to get in the water with it.

There was a young boy trying to get a look , but with the railing being packed he had no chance, so I gave him my spot.

Question for NAIB staff- Do all of the new volunteers start training at once? I haven't
heard anything from NAIB since I got my acceptance letter.

Question for NAIB staff- Do all of the new volunteers start training at once? I haven't
heard anything from NAIB since I got my acceptance letter.
Terri,
The answer to that is no. Did you State on your form that you would be available during the week? The week end spots are tough to get. You can also touch base with Chuck E. He may be able to give you a better idea on a start date.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom