Volunteer opportunities on Oahu?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aloha Joe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
The more time I spend underwater, the more I love it. Does anyone know where to find volunteer opportunities? Clean-ups, conservation, even dive shops....

Thanks!

I do cleanups every timg I dive locally. I would bet any body of freshwater has crap on the bottom that could use removal. I think you have to be careful on saltwater reefs not to pick anything that has been there a while and might have tiny critters growing. Still, why do you need an organized cleanup dive? Service is service - even if no one knows about it.

Inquire at the Kuakini Medical Center/Univ of Hawaii Hyperbaric Treatment Center if they will offer training again for volunteer stand-by Chamber Crew for emergency weeknight hours, relief and weekend operations support 24/7 & 365 for Diving Accident Cases only:
image.jpeg

http://blog.hawaii.edu/htchawaii/

(That is, something similar to the volunteer crew operations we have here in Southern California: Volunteer > USC Catalina Hyperbaric Chamber > USC Dana and David Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences )

Is there a way for foreigners without equipment? we have only fins, mask and snorkel.

Back
Top Bottom