Vortex Accident - T2T

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It doesn't help that Vortex just changed management and most of the employees have been replaced in the last week or two. They don't know who even the regulars are ATM.

Vortex is open to OW diving right now. Until the investigation is complete, my guess is cave diving will be restricted..

Could be worse,the sheriff could be like the sheriff that took care of problems at Morrison.

I heard that Edd was back in town. Anyone know if he plans to do a search?

I was also contacted by a friend of the guys family in TN. He asked if anyone knew for sure if there was a body. It appears there are rumors there of a hoax. I said that the evidence I'd heard so far points to a fatality. But from an armchair quarterback position I'm really starting to wonder.

He also mentioned the death of Ben's younger brother almost two years to the day. Apparently there is a lot of family turmoil over that and I got the impression he thought there might be a connection.

Last edited:
It appears there are rumors there of a hoax. I said that the evidence I'd heard so far points to a fatality. But from an armchair quarterback position I'm really starting to wonder.

Glad I found this thread as I am not one to mention the above in the other threads. But if I can be Cave Divers backup QB, I wonder if the police are checking ATM/CC/bank info, his place of lodging, friends and co-workers in Florida and Tn, etc to further help rule out a hoax. (And it may be that the recovery divers have enough evidence to eliminate a hoax.)

It sounds like some of the recovery divers have posted on this thread. Thanks for your help and time in what I am sure was not an easy task. I am glad all of you are back safe.

why would anyone steal air? jesus...

Couldn't afford to buy it...

Cave Diver:
I heard that Edd was back in town. Anyone know if he plans to do a search?

I was also contacted by a friend of the guys family in TN. He asked if anyone knew for sure if there was a body. It appears there are rumors there of a hoax. I said that the evidence I'd heard so far points to a fatality. But from an armchair quarterback position I'm really starting to wonder.

He also mentioned the death of Ben's younger brother almost two years to the day. Apparently there is a lot of family turmoil over that and I got the impression he thought there might be a connection.

Edd went today and didn't find anything. Of course, if he got back into a small enough space, the flow in there could have caused the silt in there to bury him by now. I didn't see many markings in there after Eduardo had already been in there once during the day (in backmount) and once as part of the initial search team (again in backmount). He could not have passed through some of the areas in backmount without marking the bottom, yet there was nothing that stood out.

The sheriff has been informed of the possibility of a hoax. I don't know if they are investigating it or not.

If this does come down to a hoax, I think a long vacation at a rough penal institution is a good place for those involved.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom