Vortex revisited

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:hm:

I wonder if anybody might have been angry with Vortex owners and staff?

I wonder if anybody has been asking questions about Vortex grounds, owners and staff?

I wonder who has not liked the answers they were given and likely blamed Vortex owners and staff?

:idea:

This would make for an interesting sequel to the first movie :wink:

Reactions: Jax
:hm: Ben/Ben's ghost pushed him! Call Steven King to write the plot for the sequel!

Why does this seem like a crime? [speculation]

Let's see . . . the guy was drunk, stumbled, and fell down steps, hitting his head.

The 'drunk' symptoms covered up the concussion / head injury symptoms.

The good Samaritan that got him home and in the shower got peeved when he couldn't get him out, so he put a blanket on him and left him there, thinking he'll sober up and get himself to bed.

Someone [else?] checked on him the next day, it was clear he was in a bad way. [/speculation]

I hate to say this, but this same story plays out in an Army barracks every few years. :(

Lowell kelly had a lot of resources and could get a lot of things done, but he didnt have a supply of cave divers or cave divers that would assist in a crime like hiding a death.

AND...... If you were hiding a death, why would you leave three of Ben's cylinders in the basin/cave? Wouldn't you want to remove all evidence of his passing (no pun intended)?

I'm not saying the theory is impossible, just less probable than many of the alternatives.

Why does this seem like a crime? [speculation]

Let's see . . . the guy was drunk, stumbled, and fell down steps, hitting his head.

The 'drunk' symptoms covered up the concussion / head injury symptoms.

The good Samaritan that got him home and in the shower got peeved when he couldn't get him out, so he put a blanket on him and left him there, thinking he'll sober up and get himself to bed.

Someone [else?] checked on him the next day, it was clear he was in a bad way. [/speculation]

I hate to say this, but this same story plays out in an Army barracks every few years. :(

I thought there were some indications that the injuries were inconsistent with falling down the stairs - like maybe a severe "beat down."

:popcorn:

I thought there were some indications that the injuries were inconsistent with falling down the stairs - like maybe a severe "beat down."

:popcorn:

Or a car accident. There was supposed to be a distinctly painted Ford Mustang at the party, and a similar car was found wrecked nearby. I also read something about auto glass being found at Vortex.

Wouldn't it be just as easy to conclude that he was involved in an auto accident, and that the driver (either him, or another person) had maybe drank six beers too many, and didn't want police involvement?

Or a car accident. There was supposed to be a distinctly painted Ford Mustang at the party, and a similar car was found wrecked nearby. I also read something about auto glass being found at Vortex.

Wouldn't it be just as easy to conclude that he was involved in an auto accident, and that the driver (either him, or another person) had maybe drank six beers too many, and didn't want police involvement?

We had a local politician wrap his car around a utility pole, stagger home, and then try deny he had been driving. :shakehead:
I guess after drinking that much, judgement can be slightly impaired. :idk:

AND...... If you were hiding a death, why would you leave three of Ben's cylinders in the basin/cave? Wouldn't you want to remove all evidence of his passing (no pun intended)

Okay, I've found a hole in my own theory....

If Ben had been found floating on the surface, then the person(s) finding him might have assumed that he had all of his gear attached. Very, very, very unlikely, but plausible. In any event, I don't think anyone could claim that he died in the cave, and then, while positively buoyant, made his way out into the OW section of the basin...

Each time we think we are finished, and ready to edit the final version of our documentary film, "Ben's Vortex," something else occurs and we chase it down. This latest event is very intriguing. It will be interesting to see what an autopsy reveals, and if any charges will be made in Holmes County.

Each time we think we are finished, and ready to edit the final version of our documentary film, "Ben's Vortex," something else occurs and we chase it down. This latest event is very intriguing. It will be interesting to see what an autopsy reveals, and if any charges will be made in Holmes County.

I think the whole thing is just weird. I am villan number one to the family but i really hope for their sake the HCS office makes an arrest soon. SOmebody needs to go to jail for what has went on here. Only four things could happen. We missed him in the cave, he faked it, he drowned and was removed or somebody killed him. I know there was no evidence that he was in the cave and like most everyone else, who knows what evidence they have. I have a hard time with the disappearance theory too. Wealthy family, pretty girlfriend, life had dealt him some blows but nothing time wouldnt heal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom