Vortex revisited

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry if this is covered somewhere in this thread, but I didn't find the answer with a quick read through. Other than business/customer was there any connection or relationship between Lowell Kelly and Ben McDaniel?

Were the property grounds of Vortex searched over by police for Ben's body?

This whole affair puts Hollywood to shame-I'm looking forward to "Ben's Vortex" and "Return to Ben's Vortex" and "Revenge of Ben's.....in 3D"

Couv

Sorry if this is covered somewhere in this thread, but I didn't find the answer with a quick read through. Other than business/customer was there any connection or relationship between Lowell Kelly and Ben McDaniel?

to call Ben a "business customer" would imply that Ben was paying the Vortex entrance fee to dive there......... instead of sneaking in a night and not paying.........

Were the property grounds of Vortex searched over by police for Ben's body?

yes. The media reports said the sheriff did a search and even brought in dogs to search

Here is 'one' of the media reports. there are others that reported the same/similar.

from Missing diver was training to teach at Destin's SCUBA tech | destin, teach, diver - News - Northwest Florida Daily News

The cave at Vortex Springs was opened to divers Wednesday for the first time since the search began. While they work to assemble another dive team, Hamilton said the Holmes County Sheriff’s Office continued the search Monday at a surface level. Helicopters and the mounted posse searched the surrounding area and blood hounds and cadaver dogs were called in.

They did... and they mentioned us again. I wonder if Ben was ever a member here. Do we know his email address?

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom