• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Vortex revisited

Discussion in 'Cave Diving' started by Kevin Carlisle, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Avonthediver

Avonthediver Solo Diver

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!
    Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

2. 57Writer

57Writer Professional Photographer

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    Standing by in my waders for the inevitable Sh#t Storm that NetDoc's little ditty will surely initiate!

Cave Diver and diverdoug1 like this.
  3. mike_s

mike_s Solo Diver

They'll prob just blame Kevin for it..... seems to be the recent pattern.

SC_Hoaty and Kevin Carlisle like this.
  4. Hetland

Hetland Solo Diver

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    What about Ben's girlfriend?

I agree that the parents have invited scorn with their irresponsible attempts to lure people into a very dangerous situation, and have further inflamed the issue by basically calling the folks that have already gone in liars.....

But the stupid stuff serves no purpose. It doesn't make anyone a better diver, or bring anyone closer to figuring out what really happened.

You're basically either dancing on the guys grave, or rubbing salt into the wounds of the innocent (Ben's girlfriend, and other friends that read this thread).

Can't we be a little better than this???

Cap335 likes this.
  5. 57Writer

57Writer Professional Photographer

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    Ben's girlfriend, Emily, is a remarkable young lady. She will appear in our documentary film, "Ben's Vortex." Emily is a strong, admirable, professional person. She deserves every ounce of this forum's respect.

6. ucfdiver

ucfdiver DIR Practitioner

Hope someday if someone close to you decides to pull a stunt like this that you'll get a little more respect from everyone else than you've showed here. What Ben did is incredibly stupid, no doubt about it, but chances are he's not reading this, and all you're doing is harassing the family.

Pullmyfinger likes this.
  7. PfcAJ

PfcAJ Orca

# of Dives: 5,000 - ∞
    Classy as always.

8. SuPrBuGmAn

SuPrBuGmAn Solo Diver

Did Netdoc lose his high-horse?

ianr33 likes this.
  9. Pullmyfinger

Pullmyfinger PADI Pro

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    I'm sure it's never far away.

10. shelby mcdaniel

shelby mcdaniel Angel Fish

# of Dives: 0 - 24
    Kevin, you and the others who keep on and on that the original cadavar dogs were not certified is not true!!!!!! You should not make statements when you do not know the facts. The cadavar dogs from Tallahassee, owned by Kelly Walker and Mary Starnes WERE certified! And guess what: Roscoe showed interest and swam out to the springs boil----jumping in the water, which is extremely rare! Mary said Roscoe never responded so strongly! As a matter-of-fact, there is a lot of information not privy to the public. I would like to clear up a lot of statements made by divers that have come down hard on my family, perhaps someday I will. But my intententions were never to "play down" the abiliities of the divers who looked for Ben. If I had it to over again I would use different words. All of the divers are brave and fearless. My apologies to everyone I have offended. It is just very difficult emotionally trying to grasp the loss of two sons in two years. All we have ever wanted is to bring Ben's remains home and bury with Paul. It has been hard not having a closure. We know in our hearts Ben and Paul are in Heaven together. Our thanks to everyone who participated in Ben's searches. We are not upset with anyone. We just miss our boys.

sskasser and Spd 135 like this.