Vortex revisited

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

What about Ben's girlfriend?

I agree that the parents have invited scorn with their irresponsible attempts to lure people into a very dangerous situation, and have further inflamed the issue by basically calling the folks that have already gone in liars.....

But the stupid stuff serves no purpose. It doesn't make anyone a better diver, or bring anyone closer to figuring out what really happened.

You're basically either dancing on the guys grave, or rubbing salt into the wounds of the innocent (Ben's girlfriend, and other friends that read this thread).

Can't we be a little better than this???

What about Ben's girlfriend?

I agree that the parents have invited scorn with their irresponsible attempts to lure people into a very dangerous situation, and have further inflamed the issue by basically calling the folks that have already gone in liars.....

But the stupid stuff serves no purpose. It doesn't make anyone a better diver, or bring anyone closer to figuring out what really happened.

You're basically either dancing on the guys grave, or rubbing salt into the wounds of the innocent (Ben's girlfriend, and other friends that read this thread).

Can't we be a little better than this???
Ben's girlfriend, Emily, is a remarkable young lady. She will appear in our documentary film, "Ben's Vortex." Emily is a strong, admirable, professional person. She deserves every ounce of this forum's respect.

Hope someday if someone close to you decides to pull a stunt like this that you'll get a little more respect from everyone else than you've showed here. What Ben did is incredibly stupid, no doubt about it, but chances are he's not reading this, and all you're doing is harassing the family.
Ben's Not Here
(Sung to the tune of "The Battle of New Orleans"

Here's a little story 'bout a poser named Ben,
Went cave diving, was never seen again!
Folks talked about it on the InterWebs
Many of them thought that Ben wasn't really dead!!!

-chorus-
He went side mountin' in a Spring they call Vortex
It's a real pretty place, in case you didn't know
Non cave divers should be stayin' in the basin
Without good training, you know you shouldn't go!

The cave divers came in and turned Vortex upside down
They searched every crevice, but Ben was never found!
Most people think that Ben was a big fool
If he's stil a living then he's also really cruel!

-chorus-
He went side mountin' in a Spring they call Vortex
It's a real pretty place, in case you didn't know
Non cave divers should be stayin' in the basin
Without good training, you know you shouldn't go!

I'm sure it's never far away.

Kevin, you and the others who keep on and on that the original cadavar dogs were not certified is not true!!!!!! You should not make statements when you do not know the facts. The cadavar dogs from Tallahassee, owned by Kelly Walker and Mary Starnes WERE certified! And guess what: Roscoe showed interest and swam out to the springs boil----jumping in the water, which is extremely rare! Mary said Roscoe never responded so strongly! As a matter-of-fact, there is a lot of information not privy to the public. I would like to clear up a lot of statements made by divers that have come down hard on my family, perhaps someday I will. But my intententions were never to "play down" the abiliities of the divers who looked for Ben. If I had it to over again I would use different words. All of the divers are brave and fearless. My apologies to everyone I have offended. It is just very difficult emotionally trying to grasp the loss of two sons in two years. All we have ever wanted is to bring Ben's remains home and bury with Paul. It has been hard not having a closure. We know in our hearts Ben and Paul are in Heaven together. Our thanks to everyone who participated in Ben's searches. We are not upset with anyone. We just miss our boys.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom