voyager exp wing lift

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LI Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello can you tell me if the voyager exp wing has enough lift for this configuration that I dive.

Configuration : a crushed neoprene dry suit with double layer fleece under garment,5mm hood and gloves, HP steel 100 cf tank, Dive Rite stainless backplate,weighted STA(6lbs), 16lbs lead in diverite weight pouches on harness waist belt, ankle weights (3.9 lbs) and a alum 30 cf slung pony. To a depth of 120 fsw. Thanks

That's 36lbs with a full 100. Do you find you need that much to stay neutrally buoyant? No so exact rule of thumb is 6% of body weight in a 5mm in fresh and add 2% more for sw.

That's 36lbs with a full 100. Do you find you need that much to stay neutrally buoyant? No so exact rule of thumb is 6% of body weight in a 5mm in fresh and add 2% more for sw.
yes I am BMI challanged :) 5'-4 230lbs

LT Diver,
The Voyager wing has 35 lbs of lift. With a neoprene drysuit it should have enough lift.

I would suggest taking your unit on an easy dive to test if it floats you on the surface sufficiently. With the the drysuit you should not have issues at depth.

Thanks,
Jared

Thats a similar setup I use for OC. I use a voyager with with HP100's and a CLX450. I find I only need around maybe 8lbs if I'm wearing thick insulation, drygloves and a thick hood. If I sidemount AL80's in a nomad, I'll throw on 10lbs with the al80 having 2lbs on the butt for when they get floaty. If I sidemount hp100's in my CLX450 I'm extremely heavy, carry no weight, and can still ditch a cylinder and maintain buoyancy.

If I do the same in my meg with bailouts I'll wear maybe 6lbs if I've got a lot of insulation, and I have counterlungs along with a wing adding to buoyancy; I can't imagine carrying 36lbs.

I think you got something else happening or you really hate ANY suit squeeze.

Thats a similar setup I use for OC. I use a voyager with with HP100's and a CLX450. I find I only need around maybe 8lbs if I'm wearing thick insulation, drygloves and a thick hood. If I sidemount AL80's in a nomad, I'll throw on 10lbs with the al80 having 2lbs on the butt for when they get floaty. If I sidemount hp100's in my CLX450 I'm extremely heavy, carry no weight, and can still ditch a cylinder and maintain buoyancy.

If I do the same in my meg with bailouts I'll wear maybe 6lbs if I've got a lot of insulation, and I have counterlungs along with a wing adding to buoyancy; I can't imagine carrying 36lbs.

the original poster added the weight of the air and ss bp to the 16lbs of lead I use

You mention "hp100's" You are using doubles so right there is a significant weight of a steel tank. Further my drysuit is neoprene which has some inherent bouyancy as well that I have to counteract

Back
Top Bottom