Vt 100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Les

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have never been to this site before, so today I had some time to kill and I drove over to the VT100 area. I went down Kelly road and first turned left and came to the dead end and then headed back to the right and another dead end. So where do you park and dive for this site? I did not see an obvious spot to pull over and park or I would have. All I seen was alot of private dock gates. Any resident/parking issues because the road seems fairly narrow?
Les

Les: I'll ask tonight and post up.

B.

Les: I couldn't get an answer as the person I talked to had only done the VT100 from a boat.

Bjorn

I've done the VT-100 a few times. You'll need to park along the side of the road. There are a few places where there's a gravel shoulder, which makes for a good spot. There's a large boulder by the shore where you want to enter when diving the VT-100 - look around and you'll spot it. There's also a couple of paths down to the beach that you can use without trespassing on anybody's dock. Not as hard as Ansell Point, but definitely not groomed like Whytecliff. Finding the wreck itself is a bit of a pain because it isn't marked and the vis is often abominable (5-10 ft.) I usually swim out to the 50-60 ft depth contour, and swim along to the right until I run into the wreck. (Sadly, "running into it" is about right sometimes...) The deepest part of the VT-100 is about 65 ft, with the bow in about 50 ft of water. It's a really ugly wreck, so stay well clear to prevent entanglements and don't place yourself in any position where the structure could collapse on you, because it very well could. I haven't dived it for about a year, but you can definitely make out the form of the ship with several ribs & the stem still standing. Have fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom