Vyper bungee mount help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike126

Contributor
Reaction score
I got my bungee mount for my Vyper today and it is very hard to install. The problem I'm having is getting the boot to stretch over the existing wrist strap mounts on the computer and slide into place. Is this normal? Is there anything I can do to make this go on? I'm afraid I'm going to tear the boot.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes it is normal... Heat in hot water... strech over.. easy peasy...

Hey it worked! Now when I need to change the battery do you cut it off?

Also the top edge covers the Plan and Time labels. Has anyone cut around these?

No, you don't need to cut anything to fit new battery just carefully remove computer from mount. I've done it many times without issue. It will stretch but like I said be careful and go slowly. It is tight but it will come out. As far as the writing on the case goes there are only three buttons I'm sure you can remember them. The writing will start to wear off over time anyway. Don't cut anything or you'll be ordering a new mount, it might be ok in the short term but the moment you try to remove computer to replace battery it will most certainly tear. If you look at the picture you'll note the writing around the case has worn off.

image.jpg

No, you don't need to cut anything to fit new battery just carefully remove computer from mount. I've done it many times without issue. It will stretch but like I said be careful and go slowly. It is tight but it will come out. As far as the writing on the case goes there are only three buttons I'm sure you can remember them. The writing will start to wear off over time anyway. Don't cut anything or you'll be ordering a new mount, it might be ok in the short term but the moment you try to remove computer to replace battery it will most certainly tear. If you look at the picture you'll note the writing around the case has worn off.

View attachment 183222

Looking at your photo.... So how did you tie your bungee?

Looking at your photo.... So how did you tie your bungee?

Because I use it with various suits I made a loop that can be adjusted for various thickness suits. Hang on a minute I'll post some photos...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 257
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 221
Thanks. Slip knots? Looks like you tuck one knotted end into the slot.

Thanks. Slip knots? Looks like you tuck one knotted end into the slot.

Yes and yes. I use the same set up with my compasses too for the same reason, although slightly different lacing as I wear compass on my hand not wrist.

I have a great solution - got a computer that's not a suunto.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom