Vyper Computer will not connect to the DM5 software after upgrade from DM4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba-dan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm getting ready for a trip so I wanted to dump some dives onto the computer so I booted the DM4 software, connected the Vyper to it was going great but something happened so I had to re-launch the DM4 but now it forced me to upgrade which I did. Now it doesn't even show my Vyper computer let alone connect to it. the menu option for "Connect to another computer" is available but when I select it, then everything is greyed out.

I'm on version Sunnto DM5 1.2.40.5563 release using Windows 7.

I've notice that earlier versions had some issues but this seems new.

Anyone else having issues?

Thanks,
Dan

Hi,
I'm sorry for the inconvenience. This is probably a driver problem. Please do the following:

1. plug in the cable
2. open device manager (e.g. by using windows search)
3. Expand "Ports (COM & LPT)" -> right-click "Suunto USB serial Port" and select "uninstall"
4. Tick the box "delete the driver..." and press ok (this might need to be confirmed for some systems) -> DECLINE rebooting
5. In device manager: expand "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" -> right-click "Suunto Sports Instruments" and select "uninstall"
6. Tick the box "delete the driver..." and press ok (this might need to be confirmed for some systems) -> UNPLUG cable & reboot
7. Install: https://movescount-dm4.s3.amazonaws....2_20140929.exe

After that it should work. Some OS may ask for the driver when plugging in the cable then. In this case don’t search for Win drivers but state the following location instead: C:\Program Files\SuuntoUSBDrivers
Pls let me know if this should not work.

br, Hendrik

Hi,
I'm sorry for the inconvenience. This is probably a driver problem. Please do the following:

1. plug in the cable
2. open device manager (e.g. by using windows search)
3. Expand "Ports (COM & LPT)" -> right-click "Suunto USB serial Port" and select "uninstall"
4. Tick the box "delete the driver..." and press ok (this might need to be confirmed for some systems) -> DECLINE rebooting
5. In device manager: expand "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" -> right-click "Suunto Sports Instruments" and select "uninstall"
6. Tick the box "delete the driver..." and press ok (this might need to be confirmed for some systems) -> UNPLUG cable & reboot
7. Install: https://movescount-dm4.s3.amazonaws....2_20140929.exe

After that it should work. Some OS may ask for the driver when plugging in the cable then. In this case don’t search for Win drivers but state the following location instead: C:\Program Files\SuuntoUSBDrivers
Pls let me know if this should not work.

br, Hendrik

Hi Hendrik,

Sorry for the late response as I just got back from a 2 weeks vacation and diving. I followed the step and I'm now able to connect and download my dives. I do have another issue where I'm missing 4 dives which is strange since they are here and there missing. They are not consecutive dives missing. I will be diving next week so I will monitor it.

Thanks,
Dan

Hi Dan,
ok, let me know if the problem remains... I'm sure we'd find a solution. Safe and happy diving...

br Hendrik

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom