Vyper novo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RRJR

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
What is the difference between the vyper novo and the vyper air black? Is one newer?

Yes the Novo is the new and not yet released vyper. There is also a Zoop Novo coming out. They are over due and that is most likely due to the transition from the Aqualung partnership.

As far as specs go, sense it is not yet released nothing is confirmed but it looks like not too much will change for the Vyper novo while the zoop will be more dramatic. The screen is supposed to be slightly larger (or at least the numbers) and it may share the promised phosphor-luminescent and electro-luminescent combo back light with the Zoop. Aka you can hit it with your flashlight or hit a button for back light. Also if I'm not mistaken the Air Black doesn't have a graphical display of the previous dives and the Novo should. Last one website claims that it will have user update-able firmware.

As far as modes, compass, RGBM model... it looks like it will be the same.

Hanks for the info. Although specs aren't released, I'm Assuming it will be roughly the dimensions.

The weight of the Vyper Novo is listed as nearly double the Vyper air. The big differences are the Vyper Novo has Apnea/Freediving features and the ability to manage 3 gasses instead of 2. There are some minor differences as well such as the inclusion of the glow-in-the-dark face and backlight, a bit more memory if I recall correctly, and some other novel things I didn't bother to remember.

The vyper air has dropped pretty far down the list of items on the Suunto website so I am thinking that the Vyper Novo is replacing it, and the Zoop Novo is replacing the Vyper.

-Zef

Back
Top Bottom