w-20 wide angle lens samples

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jim2386

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey guys,

Ikelite's website has one sample of what the performance of the W-20 lens does. Does anyone know where I can get more sample pictures shot with this lens? I'm worried about the edges of the pictures being blurred or having a black ring around the picture. I really want a wide angle lens though!

Thanks
Jim

I don't have any underwater images taken with that combination. However here's a quick example of the Canon A570 in an Ikelite housing with a W20 lens. It was taken without flash, f/8 aperture and ISO800.

Underwater you may find it to be slightly sharper. The small bit of vignetting in the corner may vary slightly by housing and will be minimized when water fills the space between the lens and the port.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems
can_a570_w20.JPG

I don't have any underwater images taken with that combination. However here's a quick example of the Canon A570 in an Ikelite housing with a W20 lens. It was taken without flash, f/8 aperture and ISO800.

Underwater you may find it to be slightly sharper. The small bit of vignetting in the corner may vary slightly by housing and will be minimized when water fills the space between the lens and the port.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems
can_a570_w20.JPG

Thanks! How far away roughly would you say you were from the wall? You've been a great help! Hopefully a tiny bit of zoom will fix the vinetting.

I didn't measure exactly, but I would say I was about 3' from the wall.

Do you have any information on how many Fstops you gain(or lose) with this lens? I would assume you gain Fstops since a wide angle lens lets in more light.

Back
Top Bottom