Wages on Bonaire and Curacao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jd950

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
For those who would know I have a question: What would a typical wage be for someone doing fairly routine work on the islands, like maybe a taxi driver, store clerk, cleaning person, etc.

No, I'm not looking for work...just curious.

As far as I know the average wage on Bonaire is between NAF 1.500 - 2.000 (USD 800-1.100).
On Curacao average wages paid are somewhat higher (and costs of living somewhat lower).

Dutch is correct on the lower end of the work spectrum. My friend, a manager at a restaurant 18 years makes about 4500 ANG a month. Last I heard Dive Instructors made about 1500 ANG an month. I pay my gardener 15 ANG an hour and that I am told is too much but that's what I pay. I pay my cleaning lady 50 ANG but my house is small and pretty clean.

Our water and electric bills are very high. Cable and internet is 160 ANG a month for me. Gas I pay about 25-45 ANG a week. Booze is cheap. Dining out for me is cheap if you go where I go. See www.bonairebliss.com for local eat news. Car insurance is cheap IMHO. I pay 1200 USD a year for house insurance. Land tax is cheap. What kills me is the 5% OB on my income and the equivalent of Social Security which I will NEVER use. I also pay a hefty income tax.

Follow your My Anguilla Bliss

They have a 48 hour week also,so another 8 ya have to put in.

HAPPY DIVING

What would that be in US dollars?

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom