Wakatobi in December?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phil_g

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello, I just joined the Scuba Board and wanted to ask some advice from the group.

My wife and I just returned from Sulawesi (Bunaken) and we want to plan another dive trip to Indonesia.

We are considering Wakatobi Resort for two weeks at the end of December and possibly into early January. I was wondering if anyone is familiar with the conditions there this time of year (does it rain a lot, is the water clear this time of year, etc)....essentially is it worth going there at that time of year.

We are open to going to other locations as well, but Wakatobi looks great - the main concern is that we are worried the weather/water conditions might not be good. I am aware that it's monsoon season at that time of year, but I don't know how adversely this might affect the trip.

Has anyone stayed/dived at Wakatobi this time of year?

Thanks in advance!!
-Phil

hi i have been to wakatobi in early december and in january. The weather is good. It does rain about every other night but days are usually nice. Very rare does it rain all day but when it does rain the showers is intense for about 2hrs. The wakatobi area is a very dry area. Usually the resort is not full. trip 1- 3 people to 150 staff trip 2 - 19 people to 150 staff They usually do construction to the cabanas so expect some hammering but it does not interfere with a great place.

Thanks for the info, that's very helpful. Additional feedback from other folks on Wakatobi or the best place for Dec diving in Indonesia would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,
Phil

phil g,
welcome to this board.
i was on their liveaboard last nov.
the weather was clear that week, no heavy rain.
the vis was good and the temp around 82f.
we were allowed to eat our last dinner on the resort.
the food was very good.
the divers that stayed at the resort could not stop telling us (boat) how great their week had been.
everyone seemed very happy with their holiday.
regards,

Hey Smokey,

Thanks for the feedback! Did you hear anything about how Dec might be...looking online it seems like things might vary a bit between Nov and Dec.

-Phil

Back
Top Bottom